Add a little bit of island inspiration to your table tonight!
- 1.5 lb boneless skinless chicken cut into bite size pieces
- 1 bell pepper cut into chunks (red will give the sweetest taste)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 TBSP minced garlic
- 3/4 tsp powdered ginger
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 TBSP soy sauce
- 3 TBSP brown sugar
- 2 Cups pineapple chunks (measured without juice)
- 2/3 Cups pineapple juice
- 1-1/4 Cups chicken broth
- 2 TBSP cornstarch
- Set cooker on saute function and add olive oil, give it a minute to heat up. Add onions to oil and saute until soft and transparent, about 3 minutes.
- Add chicken pieces and continue to saute mixture until outside of chicken is not pink
- Toss in the garlic and continue cooking for 1 minute. Next, add ginger powder, red pepper flakes, salt, black pepper and stir well
- Mix in a bowl these ingredients: brown sugar, soy sauce, broth and pineapple juice. Mix and pour into pot.
- Fold gently into this mixture the pineapple pieces and bell pepper. Stir until well mixed and then turn off the pot.
- At this point, place the pressure cooker lid on the pot and close valve. Set to high pressure cook for 6 minutes. At the end of the 6 minute pressure, do a quick release of steam and lift lid as soon as possible
- Set the pot temperature to saute again. In a cup combine 2 TBSP cornstarch with 3 TBSP cold water, stirring briskly til there are no lumps. Stir this into the pot.
- Once it bubbles and thickens you are ready to serve over a large serving of rice