Dessert or salad? Hmmm! It could be either or both.
In fact, it’s so tasty I could make an entire meal of this delicious creation.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 - 20 oz can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 - 20 0z can crushed pineapple, drained
- 2-1/2 cups crushed Ritz crackers (approximately 60)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, Fahrenheit
- In a large bowl mix sugar and flour. Stir in cheese. Stir in both cans of drained pineapple. Transfer to a greased casserole baking dish.
- In another bowl, mix crushed crackers and butter. Sprinkle the cracker mixture on top of the pineapple mixture.
- Bake uncovered for approximately 30 minutes. Cheese should be melted and top crust browned to a delicate color.
- Let it cool about 15 minutes and dig in!