Start the day with something easy and quick. Meal prep the night before so you can eat something great without the wait!
It goes from fridge to oven and is ready for chowing down in 40 min. Meal prep for breakfast. Sausage casserole that is easy to make and quick in the mornings. A low-carb breakfast casserole that is easy to make and quick in the mornings but still a full meal. This is not your typical crockpot casserole recipe. The recipe has easy clean-up and is a delicious fall & winter dish.
- 2 slices of bread
- 1/2 LB pork sausage
- 1/2 C shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 C milk
- 1/2 tsp ground mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Remove the crust from the bread and cut into 1-inch cubes
- Place bread cubes in a slightly greased 8-inch baking dish
- In a skillet or Ninja pan (depending on method of cooking), brown the sausage. Drain.
- Sprinkle the cooked sausage over the bread cubes. Top with shredded cheese.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, mustard, salt and pepper till well-blended
- Pour egg mixture over the bread cubes, sausage, and cheese
- BAKE at 350 for 30 minutes in oven or at 325 for 25 minutes in Ninja cooker
- Casserole is ready to serve when it is puffed and golden.